Building Blocks for Parents, LLC, based in Connecticut but also serving Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and New York, specializes in Parent Coaching. Being a parent is one of the most fulfilling and exciting experiences anyone will face, being a parent brings its unique set of challenges. These challenges take many shapes: preparing for an infant’s arrival; helping siblings cope with the addition of a baby; beginning to establish a nighttime or daytime schedule; learning and implementing effective discipline; establishing potty training; and understanding what the child’s daily needs include. Building Blocks for Parents helps parents sort through the myriad parent-child literature to determine the most applicable child-rearing information for their family.
Parent Coaches are used in a variety of ways, including:
- Developing sleeping patterns and scheduling
- Developing age appropriate rules and expectations
- Teaching effective discipline methods
- Supporting families with special needs children
- Helping children reach milestones
- Communicating with children
- Aiding communication between parents
- Helping parents manage stress and anxiety
- Nanny training
- Communications between nannies and parents
- Nanny consulting
- Behavioral Consulting for special needs
With the experience and knowledge of the Building Blocks system, a Parent Coach becomes that sounding board and support system for many families. Parent Coaches enjoy teaching and supporting parents, and most of all, attending to infant and children’s needs. That is why Building Blocks for Parents, LLC was established.